Friday, September 30, 2011

The Eve of October


Well today marks the last day of September, and what I like to also call "The Eve of October!" :) This means crisp mornings, cooler weather, and more chance to enjoy my favorite fall flavored Starbucks coffee drinks! ;) Today I just want to share a few simple pics of "autumn in my dining room." After a few months of eating meals at the breakfast bar area, we finally cleared out most of the "fixer-upper junk" in the dining room, so that we could finally bring in our table from the garage {and utilize it}.


I haven't really done much in terms of "fall decor" around the house quite yet, so when I went to the local organic market and saw these autumn beauties, I decided to bring them home with me.


I just put the loose cluster of blooms into an old stoneware piece that I had, and plopped them right in. Just very simple, nothing fussy.


I really love the mixture of daisies, roses & berries, in autumn hues.


Yeah, that is an old black IKEA table from my townhome living days...I hope to either "IKEA hack it" by painting it white & distressing it...or getting myself an authentic farmhouse table. Only time will tell as there are way too many projects going on right now! :)


Oh, and I had some apples on hand so I thought I'd throw these few pics into the mix, even though it's random. I often put a variety of fruit around the dining table so the kids have something healthy on hand, and this is was what I had on the table that day.


And here I put the apples on a simple white cake stand {I often do this with my fruit as I own way too many cake stands}. :)


Well, that's it for now when it comes to "fall in my dining room" - or anywhere in our house for that matter. I just want to let you know that it might be a brief while before I post again since there are some MAJOR projects that need to get done around the house. I'm hoping that the next time I post, I'll get a chance to share with you some of these changes/projects. In the meanwhile, I will still be visiting all of your lovely blogs - as I enjoy looking at everyone's fall decor, with the dressed up mantles & decked out porches! Hopefully during this time next year {after all the fixer-upper madness}, I can truly decorate it for the season as this truly is my most favorite time of the year! :)

Also, I haven't forgotten about the recipes to the previous post in regards to "Autumn in my Kitchen". Please bear with me, I promise I will post it before the holidays end. Everything is still in disarray over here! lol Half the house is still in the middle of "fixing-up," with unpacked boxes, missing furniture, and even "missing walls," etc.! So I have yet to find my recipe box {the pictures I took were from last year's festivities}! :) We're also in the middle of dealing with some unforeseen plumbing issues in both the kitchen & bathrooms {oy vey!}! Until next time:

Happy October!


XO's,
Jessie


P.S. If you haven't already signed up for "Barn Light Electric's" $1000 & $500 Giveaway, please click here for more details on how to do so! It's a great chance to get some vintage lighting for your home or ongoing DIY projects! :)


Sharing with:
Feathered Nest Friday @French Country Cottage
Show & Tell Friday @My Romantic Home
Home Sweet Home @The Charm of Home
Seasonal Sundays @The Tablescaper
and
Fresh-Cut Fridays @Rose Vignettes

15 comments:

the poor sophisticate said...

That post makes me all warm and happy inside. I adore fall! It is my absolute favorite! Those flowers are stunning and you have inspired me to grab a fall flavored coffee today! Yum! Have a beautiful last day of Sept! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie,
Your flowers are so beautiful!! The colors definitely "says" Fall!!
I wish you lots of luck with your renovations Jessie, I know how hard it is living out of boxes and not being able to find anything.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Brenda Pruitt said...

What apt colors to post on the eve of October. I will be right where you are in a few weeks! Amongst unpacking!
Brenda

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Beautiful flowers...I think I am going to ask for a cake stand for my birthday!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love all of my cake stands, one can't have enough of those! I love the Starbucks holiday coffees, the salted caramel mocha is my favorite right now, only 2 or 3 a month, I can only imagine the calories on those! I can't wait to see all of your projects as you do them! Happy Fall,

~Shanon

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

I am so ready for Fall especially on this cool evening here in Southern California! I am feeling inspired. Have a great night!
~Cheryl

Red Rose Alley said...

Your Fall flowers are wonderful! And there's nothing like apples in the Fall. Jess just did a Halloween decor post today too. Isn't Southern California great? Let me know if you hear of amything fun around the area to do. Have a fun break. We'll miss ya.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures of your flowers in 'fall' colours! I love autumn too, and I am going to miss it as the weather in Australia gets warmer! Good luck with all your projects. I look forward to seeing them when you resurface! God bless xx

The Tablescaper said...

Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Hope to see you next Sunday. The link opens at 7 pm on Saturday night. If you link up earlier, I think you'll see more traffic. Hope so!

- The Tablescaper

Town and Country Gals said...

Jessie,
the colors of your flowers are beautiful! They add a lovely fall to your table! Hope you get all your projects done and are back soon!
Rebecca

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I love autumn. Such a beautiful time of year. Not too hot but not too cold! Your lovely photos perfectly capture the richer colours of the season.

Sarahx

The Charm of Home said...

What a beautiful arrangement you have created. Thank you for linking it to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Faded Plains said...

Your flowers are just beautiful...I'm sure the colors alone add much coziness to your home.

Tricia said...

Oh, that looks beautiful, Jessie. I wanted to get some flowers so badly today, but I restrained myself. Good look with your projects. Have you started painting? :)

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Your bouquet is beautiful. The fall colors have such wonderful depth and appeal. I wish you the best with all your renovation projects. I know it can be overwhelming at times. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...