Saturday, September 24, 2011

Vintage Lighting Anyone?

Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far. This weekend we are prepping our kitchen redo...which means researching a perfect shade of white for our kitchen cabinets & also picking out some new replacement pendant lighting for our breakfast bar area. I'm a shabby chic meets vintage industrial type of gal when it comes to home decor. With that being said, these are just two of my MANY favorites at Barn Light Electric {I say "many" because once you go to their website, it really is hard to pick just one favorite!}:

I really love this School House Pendant


and


this Barn Light Warehouse Pendant


This is how our kitchen looked like in it's "transition state" when we were repainting the ENTIRE interior of our house ourselves {the kitchen used to be a "bubble gum pink color in high gloss}. You see those 3 pendant lights above the breakfast bar area, I'd love to replace them with some of the lights featured above! It would be my dream to redo the entire kitchen by removing the L-Shaped Bar to open up the space and add a size appropriate island, but since that's not going to happen anytime soon - repainting the maple colored cabinets white & adding some new hardware and lighting is the next best thing!


Come to think of it, we are actually in need of more lighting in the house. Currently, both my boys' rooms do not have any ceiling lights yet {we are still in the "fixing up phase"}.

This is my teenage son's room...


...and this is my youngest one's room.


Notice that the center ceiling lights are missing? My older son's room is going to have more of a vintage industrial theme, so something like this would look great in his room:

Barn Light Warehouse Pendant 12" to 27" Shade


and there are a variety of flush mount ceiling lights that would like great in my little one's room!

And let's not talk about how my hallway AND laundry room light fixtures need to also be replaced...

Well, we're in luck because Barn Light Electric is having an awesome online giveaway until October 12th!!! Just follow the directions below to enter, or for more info click on this link.

The Prizes: They are giving away one $1,000 Grand Prize and one $500 2nd Place Prize to two lucky winners who enter their homes. The two winners will each receive a Barn Light Electric Gift Certificate to purchase new lighting for their homes or to finish off that lingering renovation project.


Here's how to enter:

1. Look around online at Barn Light Electric and pick lights you’d love to own
2. Feature your lighting picks on your personal blog, and link to the lights if you can!
3. Copy/Paste these rules at the bottom of your blog article so others can enter
4. Once your personal article is up, you must email your blog link to: contest@barnlightelectric.com to be qualified to win. The contest ends Wednesday, October 12, 2011
5. Don’t have a blog? Find out how you can enter by reading the Official Rules

Now I REALLY hope I win this one. Seriously, this would really be great!!! Good luck to everyone who enters, and don't forget this giveaway ends on October 12th!

3 comments:

jessica said...

Oooh! Thanks for the heads up on this giveaway! I love all your choices! Must be exciting {and maybe a tad overwhelming} to make all these choices!! Happy Re-modeling!!

SLR said...

I have to do this! You are so brave to live through all the fixing up in your house...I do not eal with that kid of chaos well. I bet it will be amazing though when it's all done! Have a great weekend!!

SLR said...

Holy typos I made! Sorry! Should be , I do not deal with that kind of...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...