Monday, July 30, 2012

Vintage Textiles

Hello my friends!

Early last spring I had the pleasure of coming across these vintage inspired textiles at a local Ikea, and now these comfy pillow cases (and inserts), and various other linens grace my living room sofa & home!





Since I'm quite smitten with their "Emmie" textile line, thought I'd share some inspiration photos with you.

These blue toile inspired linens are called "Emmie Land." These are my favorite!





I have been shopping at IKEA since my college, apartment, and townhome living days because it was one of the more inexpensive ways to furnish various spaces in our home.

And they really have improved many of their items since then, so I still really love to shop there.
If you are into the "JDL" look, IKEA is a great place to go for that too.





You can mix & match their bed linens for a unique look. I love to pair their "ticking" inspired sheets with their "toile" inspired duvet covers.





This pattern above is called "Emma Kvist."

Again you can pair the "paisley" inspired sheets with the "toile" ones like below.





But if you are into the more feminine, English garden floral look, then you'll enjoy the look of these linens below:"



This is called "Emmie Blom."





Not only do they have bed linens, but they also have drapes {and even rugs} in the "Emmie" line to strike your fancy.




The pattern above is called "Emmie Sot."

By the way, many of the duvet covers are actually reversible! ;)





If you want, you can pair your floral fabrics with some "checkered" linens - the one you see above is called "Emmie Ruta." ;)



The mix & match pillow cushion covers are called "Emmie Stra."





You can even get creative like in some of these pink & white romantic inspiration photos below:














In addition to IKEA's bedroom linens, they also have vintage inspired kitchen textiles too.


As can be seen in their Red & Blue "Tekla" Tea Towels.



As well as in their "Evalill" line of Aprons, Dish Towels, Pot Holders & "Tripp" Rose Tin Canisters.




Hope you enjoyed these inspiration photos which can be found HERE, HERE, and HERE.

Now you know why I love to shop at Ikea! :) They also have really cute "woodland inspired" textiles for children {perfect for little boys}, but that would require a separate post! ;)

So if you don't have a local Ikea, you can either visit their online site or you can look for their products on eBay.

Have a great day everyone! ;)


XO's,
Jessie






Planning to share this here:

freckled laundry

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oldest daughter has the Blue toile emmie land set and I love it, I am definitely planning a trip back to Ikea soon after I received their catalog and fell in love with some of the new pieces! Have a lovely week, Xo, Ashley

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Ashley! Thanks for stopping by to comment - have a lovely week as well! ;)


XO's,
Jessie

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I've only been to Ikea a few times. I can tell you I did NOT like the swedish meatballs, I may be the only one on the planet. I do love everything I have purchased from them from my couch to my bedding. I loved all of your inspiration photos!
Have a great week, Jessie!

~Shanon

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Sweet! I'll have to look for these!

Heirloom treasures said...

I need bed linen,so am going to pay a visit to Ikea this weekend. love there stuff. x

awal.ny said...

I love Ikea too. I just wish they were closer. I love the blue and white.

Tricia said...

I have never been to Ikea...can you believe it?! There's one right here in Minneapolis too and I just never go there. I sure love those kitchen towels. Hope you're having a good week :)

It's me said...

Is this all from Ikea ???...love it !!!...love Ria...xxx...

Samantha Nagtegaal said...

Hi Jesse :-) I love your ikea post, and I love Ikea! I make fairly frequent trips there just to browse the room sets because its just so inspiring. And I am a big fan of their textiles too, the thing is, I have plenty of duvet sets, though mostly from Ikea in the first place, to warrent buying any more at the moment, unfortunately lol :-) Have to say in response to Shanon, that unfortunately I love the meatballs - they serve them here with chips, lingonberry sauce and gravy - yum yum! (Chips here being fries to you probably). Thanks for a fun and inspiring post xxx Sam

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

I can not believe they are from Ikea..must get out there soon!!! Love this post....alot!!! x0

Unknown said...

The amount of fantastic stuff in your post! :D wow... I love each and every single one!!! Beautiful decor

hugs,

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I'm planning a day at Ikea soon as Jake is heading off to college...I think my basket will be fuller than his!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Jessie! The Emmie pattern is my favorite. Hope you'll show us pics of them on your sofa! Thanks for sharing with air your laundry friday. I wish the nearest IKEA wasn't a 6 hr. drive. :(

Zane Wooder said...

I never realized how good pink and white can look in a room until I saw pictures of it together. I love the full white room with the light pink bed sheets. I also love the Emmie Sot pattern.

-Zane

Unknown said...

Hi! I love the blue and white room! I have the bedding and bed - may I ask where the vases are from? The 2 blue ones? Also do you have any other photos of that room I can look at? Love it! Thanks! X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...