Friday, November 11, 2011

Vibrant Hues for a Hopeful Week


Hello dear friends! How has everyone been? Even though it's only been a little over a week since I've been on here, it seems like it has been much longer! Before I begin, I just want to thank everyone who offered their kind words, thoughts & prayers regarding my father being ill. I haven't had the chance to respond to everyone quite yet, but I just want to let you know that I really appreciate your uplifting comments and messages regarding my last post. Thank you so much - your kind & encouraging words helped me a great deal when I was in the hospital, and at times in doubt... Speaking of which, my dad's surgery went extremely well - thank you God!!! Aside from the issues that initially made him ill, he is a strong & resilient being! He is currently recuperating and is on the good road to recovery! :)


While I was visiting my folks in central California, I spent much of my time reflecting. For one, there isn't any internet back home, as my mom refuses to "get online!" :) So, I ended up doing a lot of thinking, reading & reflecting during my visit. After my dad's surgery, I started to rethink my priorities and decided that life is way too short to worry about the trivial things in life. I know that sounds really cliche, but I confess that I do spend a good amount of time getting stressed out over certain things, when I should really just stop & step back for a moment to appreciate all of God's gifts.


Now, I'm not really one to talk about religion or philosophy openly, but I did want to acknowledge that this event made me realize that I have been missing out on many of the things that used to make me happy. You know, the kind of "happiness" that you don't even have to think twice about, if that makes any sense? Sometimes you spend your waking hours going through the motions because it is what is expected, and everything is pretty much "black & white." And for a moment there, that is how it has been...


But wouldn't you know, everything happens for a reason {something I have ALWAYS believed}. And even though these past two weeks have been very difficult emotionally, I really do think God was giving me a little sign...a "boost of color," if you will...


So this cluster of colorful daisies is a little rendition of what I have been feeling as of late: Vibrant & Hopeful!


Sometimes we spend so much time thinking about the past & wanting to know about the future, when we should just focus on what is currently in front of us. I would hate to miss out on a beautiful memory of today because I was too busy thinking about yesterday and tomorrow. Thank you God & thank you dear dad for helping me realize that whatever happens in life, I don't need to fear or be saddened by the outcome! :)


On another {inspiring} note, I also did a lot of reading during my visit {remember, no internet}. :) So I went to the local bookstore and began browsing through the usual reads. But I then came across a familiar publication that I just had to pick up for the first time...


An issue of "Artful Blogging!"


My friend, Tricia at A Rosy Note did a post about being featured in this magazine, so I couldn't grab this issue fast enough! Her photos are so inspiring and beautiful, and never cease to make me smile - and boy did I really "need a smile" that day! :)


Well, I have to admit that I got more than I bargained for when I flipped open my first issue of this stunning publication! All I can say is "Wow!" :) Featured in this mini catalogue, are pages upon pages of inspiring blogs showcasing a variety of themes: From photography to decor to food to art to everything else in between!


If you haven't already picked up your Winter issue, go out and get one! I assure you, it will not disappoint! :)


Needless to say, this lovely little mag came home with me this week. :)


So this weekend, you can find me cozying up in a corner somewhere enjoying my colorful blooms, while thumbing through the rest of these inspiring pages. That and also catching up on all of your wonderful & lovely blogs!


Well that is all for now. Thank you once again for your sweet comments and kind words, they are always greatly appreciated! :) Hugs & have a great weekend, my friends!


XO's,
Jessie



Sharing with
Good Life Wednesday, Life Made Lovely, Pink Saturday & "I'm Grateful For"

30 comments:

Lynne said...

Dear Jessie,
I am so pleased to hear the positive news about your father.

Your post is both eloquent and brightly beautiful! I am certain your words and color will encourage many hearts today!

I have always wished to buy a copy of Artful Blogging. I'm going to stop by Barnes & Noble to check it out this weekend.

I also love to visit Tricia!

After all that you have endured the past two weeks, I am sending you a big hug.

"This weekend,I am going to pop a bright pink posy on my kitchen window sill!"

Thanks for the Hope & Bright!
~Lynne
[w/L]

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Jessie I am glad to hear that your dad is doing well!!
I love your pictures of the daisies and love that they symbolize brightness and beauty in your life ~

xoxo
Lori

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jessie!
I reread your words a couple of times and they are SO true. I have struggled with the same thing and it has taken a long time to let things just roll off me so that I can enjoy today for what it is. It's become a way of life now to live for the moment and feel blessed for each new day even when things don't always go perfectly. It's amazing how much peaceful life is. I'm happy to hear that your father is doing better. Sometimes it takes a crisis to refocus us. I'll say lots of prayers for both of you. :)

Enjoy your beautiful colors this weekend! and your magazine, isn't Tricia wonderful...
xo Sarah

Tricia said...

Hi Jessie, oh that is such good news about your father. I'm glad to hear that he is doing well. It sounds like your visit really brought about a change in you. I know exactly what you mean, it's sort of what my post was about yesterday, just going through the motions and doing the same old thing each day...kind of sleep walking through life.

Thanks for the nice mention about my Artful Blogging article :)

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a beautiful post, Jessie! It really made me think and I so agree with you that things happen for a reason. And maybe reading your words today is all I need to make some much needed changes. I try to live in in the moment but I have a tendency to project into the future and dwell on the negative. You've been very inspiring to me today!!

I'm happy to hear your father is on the mend. I will continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. And thanks for that bright flower that truly picked me up this morning!!

XO,
Jane

PS...I have to pick up that copy of Artful Blogging...I love Tricia's photography and blog!

Anonymous said...

I have been hearing so much about this "artful blogging", but haven't found an issue yet, so still on the look-out for that =) I will pray for your father....Have a lovely weekend! Xoxoxo ~Ashley

Anonymous said...

Jessie, I'm so glad to hear your dad is doing well and on the road to recovery! Times like that certainly do make you reflect on what's important in life. We all need a little burst of "color" from time to time. :)
I have yet to get that issue of Artful Blogging. I can't wait until I do... I'm dying to see a few of my friends' features as well.
Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo,
Jo

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Hi Jessie-

So glad to hear that your Dad is doing better.I must have been bog absent because I didn't realize this was all happening. Big hugs your way.
I love all that you had to say in this post. When people get ill etc. it certainly does make you think about the life you are living. I have been dealing with this for the past year too and it has changed me. We do need to remember to prioritize our lives and truly realize what makes us happy.
Thanks for sharing this post!

~Cheryl

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Thank you dear friends for always having the most thoughtful things to say! You all have really made my day!!! :) Happy Weekend to all!

Hugs,
Jessie

Susie Jefferson said...

Great news re your father. Love those flowers - vibrant is the word! I shall look out for Artful Blogging, and am off to visit your friend. Happy Pink Saturday from the UK!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I enjoyed your post. I'm glad your Dad is on the mend! Life has a way of teaching us what's important. I enjoyed that issue immensely too! Fun reading about people you feel like you know just a little.

Anonymous said...

So glad your precious dad is on the mend! God bless x

michele said...

what an uplifting, joyful post! thank you for sharing so frankly and for the important reminders.

michele

Maxabella said...

Welcome Jessie, what a lovely post to begin on our linky. I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but it is uplifting to see you embrace all that life has to offer - including the sad times.

There is a whole magazine devoted to blogging? Who knew?!

x

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I am so happy to hear your father is on the road to recovery. I didn't blog for a week or so and I missed your post!
Love your bright flowers, I, too believe everything happens for a reason and I am glad you are making sure you live your best life.
I will have to go to Barnes and Noble and check out that magazine. I love reading Tricia's blog and knew she had an article in it.

~Shanon

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color of the flowers.

Regards from Sweden
Elna

Chubskulit Rose said...

Simply beautiful!

My Pink, have a nice weekend!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Jessie, best wishes to your Dad for a speedy and full recovery. It is obvious that you love him very much. Your words were touching and filled with maturity. Thank you for expressing your thoughts about God and the future. Thank you, also for the nice comment on my blog.-----Shannon

reimaginedtreasures.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful post and flower, too. I love reflective posts, actually. and although I don't do them all that often, I want to...I guess I just need to do more of it in life...it just gets so busy! Thanks for sharing...Kathi

Kat Nokes said...

Hi Jessie
Thanks for your thoughtful post. It really helped me actually at a particularly difficult time in my own life.

Much love
Kat

Katherines Corner said...

What a lovely bright and positive post my bloggy friend. Good news that your Fathers surgery went well. I send a big hug your way. Hoping I come across the artful blogging book one day :-)

Ann said...

I love the color of those daisies,

so bright and radiant.

Happy to know your father is getting better. Stay positive ♥

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi again Jessie,
I actually read this post first ~ before the one about your Dad being ill, so I was very happy to hear the positive news about him! Everything you said makes perfect sense to me! I love the vibrant daisies and I'm going to look for that magazine! I'd never even heard of it before, so thank you! Also, thanks for the comment on my Poodle skirt post! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hugs and Love,
Cindy

Brenda Pruitt said...

Glad to hear the good news on your dad. Priorities have a way of being reshuffled when someone we love is ill.
Brenda

Simply Me said...

You are a lucky Girl!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm going to have to check out Artful Blogging because I just had a blogging friend tell me that she was featured in that book also. I'm so glad you got a chance to reflect on things. Sometimes we just have to be still long enough to hear and see the beautiful things around us. Your post is a reminder to stop and smell the roses, or shall I say... these wonderul vibrant pink flowers. A big hug to you, Jessie.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

dovecote Decor said...

Hi: I just stumbled on to your blog. Every now and then we need to change up the routine. If we are busy we need to go quiet, and sometimes if we are too introverted, we need to get busy. Its that whole balance thing that I am still not good at. Thanks for a heartfelt post.
Best,
liz

Blooming Rose Musings said...

What a vibrant and hopeful post! I am so happy your dad is doing better and on the road to recovery.
Yes, sometimes it takes something like this to put life into perspective. I think from time to time we all forget to remember it's all about the basics...love and health and kindness. Your vibrant flowers are the perfect symbol of positive living. I will continue to hold you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers.
And, thank you for reminding all of us about what is really important and not to stress over some of the other things.

Town and Country Gals said...

Jessi,
Didn't know about your dad, so glad to hear he's doing well! Sometimes positive things come out of the trying times in our lives. What's really important is sometimes easier to see once evrything else is stripped away and just the things that mean the most to us are left!
Beautiful post!
Rebecca

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi dear friends!

Thank you again for all of your sweet & thoughtful comments regarding my post. It's wonderful to know that I have such kind & supportive friends here in blog land. I greatly appreciate each and every one of your friendships. Thank you so much! :)


Hugs,
Jessie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...