Monday, December 5, 2011

Antique Shop Finds on my Holiday Mantel


Greetings everyone! As promised, I thought I'd show you some of my recent antique shop finds during my trip to Central Cali. All of these items were purchased for a great deal, so I was very excited about that! :) I also incorporated these finds onto my holiday mantel, which I will also show in this post.


First up are these lovely vintage bottles: 1 amber bottle & 2 lavender ones! I found these for $1.25 each!


I love finding old bottles, so these were happily added to my collection!



Then I came upon these two vintage english bowls.



I really loved the scene on this staffordshire lavender bowl!



The floral bowl had some lovely crackling that I love oh so much! Both bowls were a steal {at least for me} for $2.00 each!



Then I was a very happy camper when I bought these vintage ornaments for 0.25 to 0.50 cents each!


These box of Shiny Brites were found for $2.00!



I purchased this old Dundee Jar for $1.00, and I just LOVE the patina on this one! I like to collect these jars & use them for a variety of purposes like holding paint brushes, pencils, pens, etc. And they are also great to use as candle holders too, if you find the right shaped ones to fit. Here I used mine to hold sprigs of pine.


Now on to the fun stuff. :) This year's Holiday Mantel sort of mirrors my previous simple fall mantel. I just switched things around, used what I already had, and then incorporated my recent antique shop finds.



I decided to showcase the vintage ornaments atop the pair of found lavender bottles by placing them upside down. The glass candle holder in the middle is from the dollar tree. I placed these all onto my vintage silver tray which was also used in my fall mantel {but instead of placing it up against the wall, it is now set flat}.


I wanted to incorporate lavender throughout my mantel in honor of the advent season.


I also placed the vintage blue green ornament onto the amber bottle.


I just love the way this combination looks next to these lovely matchboxes that I bought from the Shabby Chic Couture store some time ago. It doubles as both a functional & religious purpose.


Leftover rose blooms were placed inside the lavender bowls. I love mixing both rustic & romantic natural elements into my decor.


I usually place some of my vintage ornaments into a glass vessel, but our mantel is slightly off kilter {you can't tell in the picture, but it is crooked enough that something may fall}. So until we redo our mantel, I opted out of putting any heavy glass onto the mantel and decided to leave the shiny brites as-is, in its box. And to tell you the truth, I actually like it better that way! :)



And of course I just had to display my mercury candle holders {my favorite!}. I also placed a vintage french mustard jar onto my mantel {as in my fall mantel}.


Love the cream colored jar against the pale pink rose.


The fall leaves were traded in for scented sprigs throughout, for a simple touch of greenery.



The rest of my recent antique shop finds that are not pictured, included an old white bottle, and a vintage Chanel No. 5 eau de cologne bottle. I also found a handful of 100 year old vintage Christmas postcards, which I will be showing you in another post. I took a lot of pictures of my simple, vintage-inspired holiday mantel - I hope you enjoy them!















This is what my vintage-inspired holiday mantel looks like overall.



Well there you have it - my recent antique shop finds on my simple holiday mantel. This weekend I also worked on a project that involves leftover molding & a miter saw. Stay tuned, as I hope to share that project with you soon! So until next time, Season's Greetings to all!


Cheers,
Jessie


Sharing with: Home for the Holidays, Christmas Mantel Link Party, Mantels at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, My Romantic Home, Home Sweet Home, Common Ground, Coastal Christmas Link Party, 504 Main, How Sweet the Sound, Faded Charm, From My Front Porch To Yours, Everything Under the Moon, Boogieboard Cottage, Amaze Me Monday, Coastal Charm, Vintage Thingy Thursday, LaurieAnna's Vintage Home, The Frugal Nest, Stuff & Nonsense, Homemaker on a Dime

50 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bottles....I love them, new or old, and can never resist adding to what has become a collection. They are great for so many things as you well demonstrate with your finds. Hey, I'd like to go antiquing with you. I like your finds.
Thanks for your visit. Do come again.

Tricia said...

Wow, those are so great finds at unbelievable prices. I love that smaller transferware bowl and that marmalade jar too. I have a bunch of those jars too. I paid much more than a dollar for them though. At Christmas time, I put those little battery operated tea light candles inside them and place them around the house. It's so pretty :)

Heather Kowalski said...

Your mantle looks beautiful Jessie! Love the beautiful bottles and ornaments too. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas. xo Heather

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the prices of these finds and the mantel looks great! Xoxoxo

White Ironstone Cottage said...

Beautiful love it all
great pics too
xo
Pam

Curtains in My Tree said...

It all looks so good.Isn't it funny how we all like old now for decorating. I just told my daughter we are living in the era of repurpose and redo due to the economy. And it has been a good thing?

I have some old vintage boxes of shinny brite ornaments and you gave me the idea to use them still boxed up

Thanks

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Love it !! What great finds! Don't you just love the vintage ornaments?? Love the idea of putting them on top of the vintage bottles!
xo
~Cheryl

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Thank you for your kind words everyone! It truly makes my day! :)


Hugs,
Jessie

Barb said...

Jessie, great finds and a beautiful mantel. So soft and pretty.

Barb

Tammy@InStitches said...

So pretty ! I wish I had some shiny brights.

Town and Country Gals said...

Your mantle looks lovely! You found some cool stuff for great prices! My favs are the ornaments and leaving them in the box on the mantle is perfect!
Rebecca

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Girl you got some awesome deals on all these goodies. LOVE those bottles and ornaments and really love the idea of putting the ornaments on top of the bottles.

Blessings,
Linda

Colleen said...

That Dundee jar is so awesome!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Your mantel looks wonderful Jessie! I love the vintage elements - what a score with those shiny brites! The pine and flowers perk it all up nicely. :)

Honey at 2805 said...

Love you bottles and such terrific prices! All of your thrifty finds are terrific and your mantle is beautiful!

very merry vintage style said...

Those ornaments are fabulous--great finds!
Mary

Sherry said...

Jessie, what great finds, they're all gorgeous...a beautiful display mantel.

the cape on the corner said...

love the different heights of the jars to make your eye travel all over.

A room with a view said...

This is gorgeous. I love all the pieces and the different way to display ornaments.

Ann said...

Wonderful finds. I love the way you've displayed your fantastic vintage ornaments.

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

What a Lovely Collection of Whimsical Fun! Love it!
Visiting from White Wednesday!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Warm Regards
Jill

Anonymous said...

Smiles!

I love going out thrifting...it takes a bit of digging through a lot of yuckies before finding the goodies..but it is so worth it.....

great home decorating.

ciao bella

creative carmelina

Danice G said...

I love the vintage ornaments. Your blog is beautiful, and I am now following. I found this blog on Sally Lee's By The Sea Linky Party :)

Mikey Fuller said...

It is all so lovely! I love the bottles and marmalade jar! And those reflector ornaments are my favorite! Thanks for sharing!

Now Following!

~Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage
www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Wonderful vintage goodies on your mantel...those English dishes are gorgeous and the bottles are such a pretty addition.

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

I love how this is light and bright, and not overbearing and dark like many christmas mantles can be. Also adore the little ornaments and pretty colours!!

Unknown said...

so so beautiful!crazy about how you put all things together- what an eye!

Karen

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi sweet friends & visitors! Thank you so much for stopping by my page to comment on my very simple, but vintage-inspired holiday mantel! :) I really appreciate ALL of your kind words! May you all have a most blessed and lovely holiday season!


Hugs,
Jessie

Coloradolady said...

very pretty! What a great find in those ornaments!! Happy VTT!

LV said...

What a nice assortment and collection of holidays goodies. You are using them very well in your home.

My Beautiful World said...

Just love what you have here wonderful love this time of year we get to change everything around, thanks for visiting me will catch up again soon. Have a great day.

Always Wendy

Unknown said...

...soft and beau-TI-ful!!

xo, Rosemary

Olive said...

The mantle is marvelous and you are a wonderful thrift shopper for vintage finds. The Shiny Brites make me happy up there in their box. Happy Christmas

Faded Plains said...

Your mantel looks great! And I sure love your finds...they were such great deals.

Amanda said...

Your mantle is unique, creative and so lovely! Thank you for sharing your fabulous finds and how you pulled them together to create such a great look!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Katherines Corner said...

Unique, elegant and full of Christmas Charm xo

Paulette said...

What a great idea to place an ornament on top of a bottle. It looks wonder! I might have to borrow this great idea from you.❤

Chubskulit Rose said...

So beautiful!


Hearty Pink, come and see when you get a chance.

Holly Lefevre said...

What a lovely mantle. I am swooning over those vintage ornaments. I love how you put it all together...just gorgeous!

okcamp said...

Jessie,
Did you score! I especially love the amethyst bottles and the old English dishes.

I picked up some Shiny Bright ornaments yesterday at our local Goodwill, but they're not as pretty as the ones you found. I bought them mostly for the boxes and the metal tops (which are marked Shiny Bright).

I also recognized the label on that white 'Shabby Chic' pillar candle in your photos. Again, thank you so much for including one in the package you sent me when I won your Rachel Ashley book giveaway. I haven't been able to open it yet....t's just too beautiful to burn!
xoxo Diane

okcamp said...

Oops. I meant to say Rachel Ashwell...... I may have been thinking Laura Ashley. I'm getting old....you know how it gets!

Heaven's Walk said...

A vintage mustard jar AND a Dundee jar??? You lucky girl! Your mantel is so sweet and simple - I just love it! Great job! :)

xoxo laurie

Rachel said...

Hello my dear! Love your space here and love all inspirations you share with us! So lovely these pics and what are these prices? smiles So and so beautiful! Loved everything! God bless, my dear, and have a wonderful time! Rachel :D

The Charm of Home said...

Wonderful treasures you have displayed on your mantel! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Roser og Patina said...

Hi Jessie. Such lovely pictures! So many beautiful treasures you have found. Love it all! Wish you a great weekend. Hugs Ellen.

Angela said...

It's beautiful and you are my kind of shopper. I've got a whole houseful of vintage things I found for those prices. If you wait and keep looking, you'll find it for a bargain!!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me such sweet comments - it is so greatly appreciated and I value each and every one! Thanks again for your visits and for your ongoing friendships here in blogland! Happy Holidays!!!

XO's,
Jessie

Melissa said...

Great finds Jessie!!! I love Shiny Brite ornaments! Your mantle looks beautiful!!

Arabella said...

I'm totally in love with old bottles and these are so charming with the vintage ornaments on them...delightful!

Happy holiday hugs,
Marie

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Jessie, this is just beautiful, love all your finds and your wonderful mantle. I'll be featuring this post on VIF this afternoon, xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...