Monday, September 26, 2011

A Little Rustic Inspiration

Hello dear friends! I hope everyone had a most lovely weekend. On Sunday, we enjoyed the cooler weather by visiting various places here in Los Angeles. One of our stops was Restoration Hardware in WeHo {West Hollywood}. This particular store opened last summer, and I was in the mood for some rustic inspiration. Walking into this Restoration Hardware looks just like the chunky Fall Catalog that was mailed out recently.


Some places don't like to be photographed {case in point, Pottery Barn}, so I was trying to be sneaky when taking these pics. Therefore I'm only showcasing just a small portion of the store, and I apologize in advance if some of these photos aren't very clear. :)

Wouldn't you just love to have this little piece in the corner of your home somewhere?


This maybe a little too grand for my taste, but still fantastic nonetheless!


And I spied this wonderful rustic chair that I almost wanted to take home with me...well, that is until I saw the $445.00 price tag {eeks}!


Now off to the 2nd floor we go...aren't those chandies in bird cages something else?!?!


...and here we have a little bathroom inspiration {if only my bathroom was big enough to house a double vanity AND that storage}...


Loved these bust forms!


The hubby did like this set-up for a "reading area" for the home...


And back downstairs on my way out, I snuck in a photo of this.


Now, the unique thing about this location, is that they also have a lovely garden set-up right next to it, for all of your "patio" or backyard inspiration as well.


Is this worthy of an outdoor dinner party or what!?!?


They were also serving complimentary drinks, so if you look ahead you can see a few people lounging on the seats as they enjoyed their tea.



Now as I made my way to the back of the garden area, I spied myself a little door that lead to the florist area...yeah, can you believe they have a floral boutique there too?!?!



At first glance, I thought the flowers in the galvanized tins were fake, but the scent of the room made me think otherwise! :)




Now as wonderful as this rustic inspiration was, I couldn't help but think how much I missed the "old Restoration Hardware" set-up. They closed many locations to revamp their new "luxury look" as seen in these pics. But I think I enjoyed RH when it still had that simple 1940's look about it, especially during the holidays. Now whenever I go there, I think to myself how lovely all this stuff is - but with the high price tags on 95% of their items, who actually buys this stuff??? And did I also mention that this location's only means of parking is via Valet? Enough said. lol

After that little outing, we headed out to The Grove for our usual Farmer's Market fun. That's when I literally bumped into "Kat Von D!" Now I'm not too much of a "Kat Von D" fan, but I have to say that she does look better in person. But I'll save that encounter for another post... ;) Until next time!

Hugs,
Jessie


Sharing with:
Anything Goes Tuesday @Type A

9 comments:

SLR said...

great pics! we have RH in chicago, but it doesn't look like this...well, not as grand anyway. i miss the 1940's RH too. everything is way too expensive, it's crazy! i suspect the people that buy are the celebs in Hollywood ;)
i love the Farmer's Market! i am obsessed with Charlie's French Toast there. Kat Von D...i like the star tatoos on her face i have to say. you have made me want to get out to LA for another visit with this post!

Bring Pretty Back said...

I am with Stacey , I can't afford that stuff! Gorgeous to look at ... bit it is too rich for my blood!
We do not have a farmers markey anywhere near me. You are so lucky!
Bumping into Kat von D. That's cool. Afree- I am not really a fan , but it would be cool to meet her.
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

I agree, RH is a bit {well, a lot} over the top...that's why I like to shop at the Restoration Hardware Outlet that's not too far from us. :)

As for Kat Von D - I thought she was prettier in person...but that's just me. :)

XO's,
J

Fresh Vanilla For C said...

Hi Jessie-
I have to agree the Restoration Hardware was more classic. Although I love many of these pieces, they are EXPENSIVE. Anyway, I need a little more authentic chippiness and rust on my furniture:)

Have a great night!
~Cheryl

Tricia said...

I am in love with RH. The one thing I do miss about the old store though, is all the hardware. I bought that stuff quite a bit and now I'm sad to see it isn't there. I love how the store near you has the garden area...so pretty!

The Beginner Housewife said...

I love these!! Such fabulous photos! I'm a huge fan of rustic items, and just recently have been watching for great deals for my future home!!!

I'm a new follower! I'm also a new blogger, only been up and running about a week and LOVING IT!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing Restoration Hardware location!! I can't believe they have a fresh floral department too.
I use to work for Restoration Hardware about 12 years ago when they had wonderful and really unusual things. Now it's just way overpriced and and they copy everything vintage. Don't get me wrong their stuff is gorgeous, but way too expensive for me, I'll stick with my vintage and chippy stuff. :)
Hope your having a beautiful week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Blooming Rose Musings said...

Wow, your pictures are so much fun to look at. I've seen the catalog but seeing your pictures is so much better. I have to agree with Alabaster Rose...the old RH was so much better. It was unique and wonderful. They still have GORGEOUS things but now they just copy older styles after looking at everyone's blogs and charge a fortune for it. I think their new buyer has made a big mistake doing that. In fact, I've been told some of their store are closing.
I love your photos! It's so much more fun than looking at a catalog.
Thanks so much for sharing.
PS. I just tried to leave a comment on your latest post but it wouldn't stick. I'll try again later.

jessica said...

I love RH, but just for inspiration! I couldn't afford most anything in the store. I didn't realize they had revamped their style. Beautiful photos! Funny about Kat Von D, what a cool place to live...lol except I'm pretty partial to where I live too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...