Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year....and 2013 Changes!!!



I hope everyone had a most wonderful Holiday & New Year! Although the Xmas decor is down, I've still left the twinkle lights up on my mantle as I love the afterglow it gives.

I went to a local's Farmer's Market last Saturday morning and picked up these gorgeous roses in a shade of "plum violet."

So thought I'd share a few images of my mantle and to also let you in on a few changes over here at "A Cozy Cottage in the City."




I know it's been nearly a year since I've "actively blogged" due to the issue with school, work, etc.

And between long commutes and long hours at the library, I've had time to reflect on my thoughts, and really where this whole blog thing was going.

I've pondered whether or not I should delete this little ole blog, my Facebook, Twitter, now Instagram...because I always felt that I was "holding back" on who I really was or am ~ or whatever the heck that may be, for that matter! **sigh**




Face it, this is a public profile and one can't be too careful of what you put down because you never know who could be "reading it," and who you might offend and what not.

But after having "talks with myself" (yeah, I do have conversations in my head like the weirdo that I am) and with my hubby, I've come to the conclusion that I just need to be myself...

...whether it be creative, sarcastic, vulnerable, etc.!

Just as long as I'm being true to myself...and it's been such a long time since I've really felt that way for fear of losing a friendship or two.




But the time has come to stop "walking on egg shells."

There are so many things going on right now in my life: some exciting, some confusing, others devastating, happy, wonderful...while others issues cause anxiety and fear.

Whatever it is that I choose to share at the moment, I hope you will come along my journey of life.

Some might not agree with what I may write or post about, but I've come to the conclusion that I can't please everyone, and that's ok.




So in celebration of 2013, I've decided to no longer let other people define who I am.

I need to break out of that shell that has somehow encased me within the last 10 years or so {because I'm not really sure what happened to the liberal & argumentative person that I can be}.

Self-deprecation and lack of confidence is not something that I want defining who I am...Even typing this down makes me quite nervous, but this is me.

I've had my share of blocking, deleting & removing people in my life that drain me...and if that issue arises the other way around, I'm ok with that too.




And to you ladies that have reached out to me {you know who you lovely bloggers are} ~ thank you so much!

Just please be patient with me. I'm still working on improving my soul. That's the worst thing about being a perfectionist...you never think who you are and what you do are ever good enough.

At any rate, thanks for listening!




In the meanwhile, I've made my Instagram account private until further notice...who knows, maybe by the time you read this I might make it public again {still in the process of filtering certain people in my life}.

So here are a few images that I took of the Farmer's Market that I went to on Saturday.

All pictures are now taken on my phone, since I can't find my regular camera for the life of me {sorry for the quality!}.

Hope you enjoy the images as much I enjoyed taking them, and sorry if you are on my IG account and you are seeing these again! :)






















Images above can be found on my Instagram Account.

Take care everyone and have a blessed day!


Warmly,
Jessie


23 comments:

It's me said...

Hello Jessie..i do not understand if you stop blogging or not ??..i hope you not.....take all the time you need......stay close to yourself......i will go to fb ...and follow you their.....happy day...love Ria...xxx...

Unknown said...

your life seems so idyllic :) The colour of those flowers are beautiful! and your home seems so fresh and inviting!
xxx
www.andshesaidwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Jessie, so lovely to see your photos again :) I love the farmers market and that one seems so beautiful. I'm so glad you are continuing to blog, IG, etc, I would miss your photos and ideas you share with us. You are the sweetest, I hope you can filter out those who do not feel that way and don't let them bother you if they do. To each his own, right?

~Shanon

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessie, I so know what your talking about!! I always filter the things I say when I blog, so afraid that someone might not like it. I find myself editing my blog posts over and over again before I post them and I am so tired of doing that!
I'm with you, if others don't like who you are, they don't need to be apart of your life or read what you write.

Beautiful photos!! I would love to get down to where you are and do some shopping and go to the farmer's market.
Hope you have a beautiful Sunday my friend, and I look forward to your future post's!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessie....I am certainly glad you chose to stick with Blogger, I love your posts and the inspiration you display =)
On the other hand, why in the world does my farmers market not look like that hahahaha jeez, I wish I had pretty photos to take....Wishing you a lovely Sunday
P.S. My blog has a new name Under the Paper Moon but the web address is still 1942charm.blogspot.com
Xo, Ashley

okcamp said...

Good.For.You. Life is too short to not be yourself and stand up (and speak up) for the things you believe in. Perhaps you'll encourage others to do the same. I am sometimes stunned at the hateful things I read on some really popular blogs. I won't name names. On a less serious note: I so wish I had a farmer's market near me. The flowers are absolutely lovely. Diane

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Jessie, I agree, be true to yourself and be who you are, you can't please everyone, i'm sure you please the people in your life whom you love, and that's what matters. Your blog is lovely ... Happy, Healthy 2013

Jacqui said...

Thoroughly enjoyed this post! Gorgeous pics! As for myself, I stopped at facebook and didn't even look at instagram. Maybe I am too old!!
Be yourself, I think the beautiful roses probably reflect your inner self!!

Lynne said...

Hi Jessie!
I have felt the same.
I have been blogging for a little over two years! You and I became friends very soon after.

I struggled with using the vehicle for monetary reasons.

I looked for ways to grow the readership i.e. give-a-ways.

Blogging is not a game or a race to the finish.

I find the best buddies are those that you meet by a visit...whether it's when they come to see you, or initiated when you pop in to their pretty space.

I too just wish to be me. During the election, some of my closest followers sensed my stress and ideology. At the end of the day, we agreed to disagree, continuing to be close and caring for one another.

Keeping an open mind and sharing dialog is important.

You, my darling, are very thought provoking!

Keep the twinkle lights on in that sincere heart of yours.

So happy to see you pop up on my sidebar once again!
Happy New Year to you!
Wishes for good health. (I hope your Mom and Dad well.)

Such pretty photography within your thoughts today!
~Lynne
w/L.

The Blue Farmhouse said...

Love the new header and I don't know you personally but my approach to blogging is what I love...collecting, thrifting and sharing...it's not a race or game unless you make it one...so I hope you can now be free to be YOU!:)

Rita

Unknown said...

LOVELY! Ive got all my stuff up still, just refusing to let go of Christmas! :P

Hugs,

jessica said...

Great photos Jessie! I wish you the best of luck. Everyone deserves the right to be who they want to be!
Stay true :)

Jessica

Katherines Corner said...

So happy to see you back. yes, by all means write what you want, be who you are and share what you want to share. I will read it all. Biggest hugs P.S. I'm not on instagram, giggle.

Kate said...

Hi Jessie

Be you the beautiful you!!!! I love your blog and hope that you embrace the amazing woman inside and continue to share your beauty with us.

XOXO
Kate

Red Rose Alley said...

Jessie,
I saw your bright pink roses and had to come over and see them. They are just beautiful, and your mantel looks very nice. I hope the new year is being kind to you.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Pamela Bates said...

I think that's a great thing to decide......Jessie, there is no pleasing or keeping everybody happy so don't expend any more energy on trying. just be you and know that it's good enough.

Noble Vintage said...

I can sooooo relate!! You have no idea. Love all your instagram pics. I hope we both find the confidence we are after ;)

Connie said...

While visiting your post today, I got inspired my the book labeled Paris setting on your mantel. So off to my studio I ran. I already had a book that I had started ripping pages from (I had used these pages for gift crafts at Christmas)so, I ripped out some more pages and this is the start of by new altered book. You will have to check it out as it progresses along . . . after all you are my inspiration.
I love your blog . . . there is always wonderful eye candy. You have created a beautiful site.
Have a great day . . . I sure am :)
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

PCovi said...

Hi, I'm pcovi!!
I have these conversations with myself all the time and come to the same conclusion LOL...be myself...if people don't like me, that's okay too. I sure can't be anybody else.
I didn't know you had a baby until today or that you were so pretty!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jessie-LOVE your blog and your Instagram photos!!!
Have a nice day ♥
xoxo...by Vicky

Art and Sand said...

Your post is truthful and honest and I respect you for being yourself.

You are so right that you won't please everyone, so at least please yourself.

I look forward to reading about your successes in 2013.

Molly said...

I just stumbled upon your instagram and blog! I love all your pictures and enjoyed reading the posts. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. I can't wait for more!

Molly said...

I just stumbled upon your instagram and blog. I love it all so much. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. I definitely sense some inspiration coming on. I look forward to more! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...