Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Night Is Movie Night!


TGIF friends!!! Friday night is movie night and we're having a sleepover! Well, a virtual sleepover that is. :) I happened upon D Reyne's {Donna's} Blog @A Life Reclaimed through Jami @Freckled Laundry, and boy have I missed out. I'm sure many of you already know her, but if you're like me and haven't heard of her until now, be sure to hop on over to her lovely blog. She is also currently hosting a cool new linky party where you can share your favorite movie set designs {homes} that inspire you!


"Gone With The Wind" has been one of my all time favorite movies since I was 8 yrs old. I remember I wanted to be "Scarlett O'Hara" and dress up in all her frou-frou dresses - and live in that greek revivial home with the pillared front and winding staircase!



Actually, come to think of it - there were a handful of lovely homes that were showcased in that movie, and I loved them all!


And the acres of land that "Tara" was on...well, I would've loved to stroll through that garden...just amazing!


"Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood!" Now this is another FAVORITE movie too! I also loved that Southern {Louisiana} home that was featured.




Can you imagine sitting on a chair on that wrap around porch, drinking sweet tea AND having a view to the lake?!?! Maybe some of you already know what that feels like, but for me - well, this little California gal can always dream... ;)


Now, I must be a southern gal at heart, because the next all time favorite movie that I want to share is, "Fried Green Tomatoes!" What's there not to love about that movie? "TAWANDAAAAAA!" {that's what Kathy Bates character would often say in the movie...if you've seen it, then you know what I'm talking about!}. ;)


From the rustic little "Whistle Stop Cafe"...



...to the entire quaint little Alabama town...


...and of course the "Threadgoode House"


Well, that just about concludes my little movie set inspiration on some of my most FAVORITE movies of all time. Now I don't know what you'll be up to on a Friday night, but you can find me on my sofa with my feet propped up, wearing my comfiest PJ's, eating popcorn & guzzling down some ice cold Dr. Pepper while I watch my favorite films! ;) Have a great weekend everyone!

Sharing with:
The Sleepover @The Life Reclaimed

4 comments:

Donna Reyne' said...

Yay! You made it! I am so glad you were able to join us! As far as I 'm concerned...you are a new bestie since you are a Dr. Pepper person~I'm a pepper too!
I love the movies you chose! First of all they are southern themed and you may not know this...but I am a southern girl! Hailing from the great state of Texas! I even have an accent to prove it! (hee, hee)
Fried green tomatoes is such a cool movie and who doesn't love Gone with the Wind! So gorgeous!
I might have to dig around in the VHS tapes to watch these...it's been ages!
SO glad you found me via Jami! She is precious! I have been part of her Vintage Market since she first started!
Love her style and can't wait to dig around here in your blog to see what's up!
I am your newest follower!
Hugs from here!
Donna

Red Rose Alley said...

I've never seen Gone With The Wind. I've seen bits and pieces of it, but not the whole show. It is definately next on my list.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Unknown said...

{LOVE} Gone with the Wind. We watched in in high school English and I was hooked. While everyone else what chatting and passing notes, etc., I was glued to the screen. Such a beautiful setting. I haven't watch Fried Green Tomatoes in so long that I had forgotten how beautiful that home was. So happy you were able to join the party. Have fun poking around Donna's amazingly beautiful blog. She can design like nobody's business. Love her.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Do you know, I'm ashamed to say that I've not seen Gone With The Wind. I know, I know...it's a classic and I *should* have...I just never have!! But the set looks gorgeous. I have seen Fried Green Tomatoes...but I certainly didn't appreciate the set...until now!! Gorgeous!

Sarahx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...