Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's just one of those mornings...

Good morning friends {well, it's technically still morning here in California because it's before 10:00 am}! ;) I hope you all had a wonderful 3-day weekend. I actually had gotten sick on Saturday, so I spent two days trying to recuperate at home and then was finally able to leave the house on Monday with the hubs & kiddos. We headed out to our favorite Santa Barbara County hot spots to do a little sightseeing, antiquing {more like browsing}, and then watching the sun set. Carpinteria & Summerland are some really cozy places to visit if you're ever in the area.

Now that I'm back at home and school has started for 3 out of the 4 people that live in this household, I have to say I haven't really been adjusting well. I don't know if it's because of the move and having everyone starting NEW schools {actually, I know that is 95% of the reason}, but I haven't been sleeping, eating or going about my schedule on a normal basis. In fact, I'm supposed to be working on some projects that aren't related to anything domestic, but yet here I am blogging away! Do you ever do that? I really should be doing other things, but I am seriously getting distracted!

I was up very early this morning to get one of these at the local Starbucks because I realized I ran out of coffee at home! It's now a few hours later & I've only managed to get "next to nothing" done!


This is what the breakfast bar in my kitchen looks like in its current state. Please note, that I plan to knock this out in the {not so near} future, to open up my kitchen and add a size appropriate island instead.


Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday so far...we are halfway through the week before the weekend once again approaches {yahoooo!}. So, I shall digress with this somewhat boring post, and resume my studies on infectious diseases {oh joy!}. Until next time.


Hugs,
Jessie

8 comments:

jessica said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!! Good luck with the studies :) Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie,
I'm so sorry that you were sick, but glad your feeling better. I've been feeling the same way lately, I just feel out of sorts. And I have no idea why! And yes, I should be doing other things too, but here I am at the computer. It's hard to get into the swing of things when school starts, especially for Mom's. Just take it easy and things will come when your ready.
Hope you have a beautiful day.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and that the entire holiday wasn't shot! A good day antiquing does it for me!!

I think it is hard for everyone to adjust when school days come around again. My house is quieter as well as the neighborhood and I can get more done. Also more time to relax!! ;-)

I hope your kids like their new school. Thankfully, they make friends and adjust fast. Best wishes!

XO,
Janie

Patty Marker said...

It's so hot outside, studying inside actually sounds like fun. Maybe not the infectious diseases part, though. Glad your feeling better.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I've been distracted lately too....maybe it's something in the air. I'm drinking a Starbucks right now too. Here's to less frazzled days!
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie,

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. I hope you are feeling more like yourself now that it's weekend. You have had a lot of changes and it is natural that you would be feeling a bit unsettled and out of sorts. be kind to yourself, take time to 'do nothing' and it will all get better soon. Here is a hug for you (((0)))x

Tricia said...

Glad you're feeling better, Jessie. I hope your life will start to feel a little more normal soon, moving and new schools would be very stressful for anyone. I feel like I'm distracted all the time too...always on the computer. Hope you have a good weekend :)

SLR said...

hi! you have won my giveaway for Flea Market Style Magazine, Two Cath Kidston Tea Towels, and a Flashcard Banner Bunting!! hope this brightens your day :)
please email me at asortoffairytalegirl@yahoo(dot)com with your mailing info so I can send it out to you next week. also let me know what color ribbon you would like for the banner:
red/white polka dot
gingham red/white
turquoise
pink
lime green
black

thanks, my friend!
XO

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...